Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Don't Play With the Devil (The Devil Don't Play With You)



(Eastern Recording Co., 1662 7th. St.) sermon excerpt
Sensational Spiritual Uplifters - Heaven Bound Train
Sister OM Terrell – Lord I Want You To Lead Me On
Shirley Ann Lee – Without God
Kansas City Melodyaires – Softly The Night Is Falling
Willie Mae Williams – Don’t Want To Go There
Crowns - Little Flowers Bloom
James Herndon Singers – One Day
Rev. & Mme. EG Robinson – Stay With Me
Watts Community Choir – Keep On Keeping On
Clarence Triplett & The Voices Of Faith Of Kansas City, MO – We Can Make It
Gospel Sounds - Nowhere To Run
Unknown - I Gotta Keep Movin
Mighty Mellotones & Operation Breadbasket – Couldn’t Hear Nobody Pray
Knight Dreamers - No Juegues Con El Diablo
Williams Brothers – Check Yourself
Holy Lights Of Baltimore - You Are My Savior
Teddy Grover & Joy - I Am Determined
The Source Feat. Candi Staton - You Got The Love (House Radio)
(Eastern Recording Co., 1662 7th. St.) Where Could I Go

So one of these doesn’t really belong (can you guess which?), but it's lyric inspired our title, and it's awesome and pretty unknown too. Many of the 45s were purchased recently, other tracks have been long time favorites. All apologies for the condition of the instant-cut disc that opens and closes (go find me a cleaner one, haha). In my eagerness to share new finds, this is more thrown-together than the usual fare, but at least the narrative is a little more clearly stated. As always, hope you enjoy (and please let me know if you do!).



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I'd really like to give this a listen but the link doesn't work. Is there another?